Welcome to my world.....a world of lovely things and thoughts I want to share.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cleaning closets


The sun is shining and it's finally warm. I am in the closet!!!!! It is time to dig out the summer clothes and it's long over due. When one lives in an older "cottage" home the closets are smaller than we would like. Alas a trade off......so here I am at the beginning of summer.


The sad thing in some things don't fit as well as they did last year... not small enough to send off but too uncomfortable to be chosen!!!! This yearly ritual. Is it a bad thing? Well let me see is it a bad thing to reevaluate the things in ones life that don't quite fit? That can make me a little sad when it is something I have grown comfortable in or something I felt made me fit the"look" that is me.....but all things change!!

It seems this clothing metaphor fits my life as well. I love the seasons in the Northwest and they require this seasonal shift. I appreciate my "life" seasonal shifts as well.....not so sure when I look in a 10x magnifying mirror. Well....I think I will wander away from my mirror and closets and into my "BLOOMING" summer garden. It is necessary to discard, change and appreciate!!!!!

1 comment:

gretchen said...

it's not you, it's a proven fact that clothing shrinks in the closet...i know mine do!